– Its been a while since our last blog post, but don’t worry, we haven’t been slacking off. We are VERY close to allowing early access to everyone. First off, lets start with the basics, accounts. We recently said that we would provide a tool that would allow you to sign up, however that has since changed. You will be able to sign up through the game client itself. Additionally we have been fixing tons of server exploits and crashes so that when we get into a public early release state that everyone will be able to enjoy the game without having to worry about server crashes.
RavenRunner Alpha 0.3.5 Release Notes:
- Changed to different version of Unity
- Changed the way AuthKey works
- The game now uses Net 4.6
- Updated Lumina’s formatting.
- Removed Powerups,
- Added High Scores
- Added Anticheating measures
- Added System Localization recognition
- Added clear connection issue messages.
- Added Offline Mode.
- Updated Main Menu
- Your previous LoginToken will now be logged to your system locally. However, it is locked to your IP.
- Added Password Resets within the client
- Added Account creation within the client for English Speaking players.
- Added Account creation for Japanese, and Chinese speaking players. Although this is limited to 25 signups per 24 hours.
- Version Numbers now appear at the bottom corner of the Main Menu
- Fixed a crash with the server in regards to forged packets being sent.
- Fixed a bug where the client wouldn’t receive the assigned client ID from the server.
- Fixed an issue where when a client disconnected uncleanly that the server would crash
- Fixed an issue where the server would crash from various Socket Exceptions
- Fixed an exploit that crashed the server.
- Whenever a serialization fails on the server, instead of crashing it will just disconneect the client associated and will log Packet Information to the debug file on the client instead.
- Fixed an issue with Databases that would result in a server crash
- Fixed a bug where DataReaders wouldn’t close and would crash the server.
- The server now verifies that your client is trusted.
- The server will send the client an ErrorMessage if the server encounters any errors that arent related to the RavenServer socket. Allow you to quickly revert your game to offline mode if any problems occur.
- Fixed a few bugs that was caused from the upgrade to Net 4.6
- Code Cleanup
Client Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a threading issue with the client that would cause the client to spam the same message multiple times.
- Fixed a threading issue that would cause the client to crash
- Fixed an issue with threading that would cause a systems under heavy load to freeze or BSOD/Kernal Panic (Standalone)
- Fixed an issue where certain counters werent incrementing up.
- Client has been optimized.
- Fixed a bug that would crash the client in certain lighting conditions.
- Added a thread manager.