This article is not yet finished and may contain inaccurate information.
These are the guidelines that all members of the Elaztek Team is expected to agree to and abide by. If you are applying for any of our positions, you will be required to follow these guidelines. If you find a team member not obeying these guidelines, please submit a report or open a support ticket and we will take action if necessary.
INTERNAL CONTENT AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
1. All content not visible on the public end of the website should be treated as if it were under Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Posting images, descriptions, videos, or any other content revealing the content under implied or true NDA will result in termination from the team, and in some cases, could result in legal action being taken.
2. All modifications of official source code, game assets, textures, sound effects, and any other content used within Elaztek's website, games, software, or any other product/service should be documented and approved by each project's respective leader.
3. Any and all source code within private Elaztek repositories, on either our own Gitlab, Github, or any other service or site where our source code is stored, is under a non-disclosure agreement. Releasing any part of this source code in the form of text, screenshots, videos, audio, or any other means will be seen as a violation of the NDA and will result in your immediate termination from the team and potential legal action.
1. All interactions with the community should be handled with care and a basic level of maturity should be demonstrated. Acting in an immature manner could result in you being terminated from the team, and in some cases, could result in legal action.
2. Should a controversial discussion gain major attention by the community, you should contact an administrator or CEO immediately. Do what you can to keep things calm, maintain two-way communication. Do your best to keep community anger at a minimum and make sure to be respectful.
3. Getting an attitude with, flaming, insulting, harassing, punishing, attacking, or otherwise using defamatory or angry language during such an event will result in your immediate termination from the team.
GENERAL BEHAVIOR INSIDE AND OUTSIDE ELAZTEK
1. Performing any illegal activities, either within or outside Elaztek, will result in your immediate termination from the team without notice.
2. Encouraging any illegal activities, either within or outside Elaztek, will result in your immediate termination from the team without notice.
3. Cyberbullying, harassment, flaming, or otherwise attacking another person and/or team member will result in immediate termination from the team without notice.
4. DOX'ing or otherwise leaking personal information of another person, inside or outside Elaztek, will result in immediate termination from the team without notice.
1. Game design and monetization should not seek to exploit the consumer or player, in any way. This includes but is not limited to: Gameplay altering microtransactions in a non-free game or product, Pay-to-Win mechanics in a non-free game or product, Random-number-generators/lootboxes in a non-free game or product, and any other similar tactics that are used as part of generating revenue and are not part of the genuine creative vision of Elaztek Studios.
2. Paid employee wages should not be increased as a result of exploitative business practices, including but not limited to: Microtransactions in a non-free game or product, Pay-to-Win mechanics in a non-free game or product, and any other similar tactics that are used as part of generating revenue and are not part of the genuine creative vision of Elaztek Studios.
3. With the exception of company financial instability, or the need to terminate employees due to lack of revenue (layoff), decisions may not be made with the sole intention of generating profit or exploiting the consumer.
4. Lootboxes, P2W, and gameplay altering microtransactions are permitted in very specific instances of free-to-play games with no other means of revenue. Including these elements in games that are not free (games that must be purchased in order to play) will not be permitted with the exception of company financial instability or as otherwise described above. Elaztek reserves the right to disallow the inclusion of these practices in any free-to-play project.
5. Cosmetic-only microtransactions may be allowed in some cases. This will vary depending on the scale and scope of the project. Elaztek reserves the right to disallow or deny the inclusion of cosmetic-only microtransactions in any free-to-play or paid game.
INDEPENDENT TEAM PROJECTS
1. Any projects created by Elaztek team members as independent projects (ie, Project: Vista) will be owned by Elaztek Studios.
2. Elaztek reserves the right to continue a successful project created by an Elaztek team member independently, in the form of DLC, sequels, expansions, updates, etc.
3. Elaztek reserves the right to terminate any team project if it is deemed offensive, malicious, or otherwise undesirable to be placed under the Elaztek name.
4. If you choose to cancel an independent project, Elaztek reserves the right to continue and complete the project should we see it valuable.
1. Elaztek reserves the right to terminate anyone from the Elaztek team, for any reason we see fit.
2. To protect our team and users from unjust action, we require that there must be some degree of probable cause for a termination before action is taken.
3. Attempting to get another team member terminated without valid reason will result in your termination from the team.
4. Upon termination, you will lose your website rank and access, your Discord role, and your access to Elaztek repositories.
5. If you commute, you will have 3 days (72 hours) to collect any personal belongings. This may be extended at a manager's discretion. After this time, your keycard will no longer be valid and you will no longer be able to enter the building. If you have forgotten or lost any personal belongings, please contact a manager or other member of the team.
6. Elaztek is not required to disclose the reasoning for any termination (but we usually will, and usually you will know in the first place).
7. You may not be terminated for race, religion, personal beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, or other discriminatory reason.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
Elaztek Studios reserves the right to modify, add to, remove from, or otherwise alter these terms without notice. If you disagree with any changes made to these terms, you may contact a manager for questions or concerns. If you ultimately do not agree to the terms, you will not be allowed to be on the team and must resign.